Thursday, March 11, 2010

11th March 2010

It's been a hectic week so far, with a networking meeting on Tuesday morning, taking me away from the farm, another one in Falkirk tomorrow and my long delivery run to Glasgow on Wednesday, it hasn't left me with much time for the works needing done. Luckily, the eletrician, Mark, should be up on Saturday to finish off getting power to the shed. I've got Balerno Farmers Market, but should be back in time to keep him right. The FYM (farm yard manure) or dung to give it it's regular name arrived over Wednesday and Thursday. The only stress I had with it this year, was a call from Lynda to tell me the driver had driven the, very mucky (not the words she used I have to Say!), dung spreader over our newly laid gravel chips in what will become our garden. Over the past couple of years, we've ended up trying to dung the ground and plough it in just prior to planting. The weather gets too wet though and the tractors have sunk in the wet soil. This year I decide to be a bit quicker off the mark and dung the field while it was still frozen. This has worked admirably and I'll definitely copy this next year. I haven't heard from the hauliers yet, but the polytunnel is due to arriver any day now, so that'll keep me busy over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home