Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Newsletter w/c 29th January 2018


For those who didn’t get a delivery, or a newsletter, last week, please note that I have had to change the bank account details for payments. Please note the new account number at the bottom of the newsletter. I apologise profusely for not giving you the correct details in the first place. I think I caught myself out with too many changes at once. Of course, if you have any queries at all, please get in touch and we’ll sort it out.
As usual, I have an apology to make. Maybe nobody noticed, but I listed savoy on the list of veg in the standard bag last week, when, in fact, everyone was supposed to get celery. As it turned out, not everyone did get celery, as it ran out and was substituted by something else. I guarantee that savoy will be in the bag this week.
Finn has one more prelim to sit this week and then that’s him free of the pressure for a wee while. He’s been quite keen on basketball lately, after playing at PE in school. He found that some of his mates played once a week in the evening at a local Sports Centre, and decided to join them, so I’ve been running him along to that. It’s only an hour so I hung about waiting for him most weeks. Last week he suggested I join in, and always keen to try something new, I did. How hard can it be? I thought. I was gasping for air after about 2 minutes on the court, but once I learned to pace myself a bit it got easier. I didn’t score a basket at all, and a lot of muscles I didn’t know I had were making their presence felt over the next couple of days, but I’ve been asked back, so I better start practicing.
Keir’s rugby team haven’t had a game this year yet, but they’ve been training hard. They have their first match this Sunday and, as they haven’t won a game all season, they mean to put that to rights. I’ll let you know how they get on.
There’s not a lot happening on the growing side of things just now. The ground was covered in snow for about 10 days and is now completely water-logged, so I’ve been getting some time to work on the dinghy I mentioned last week. Its not going to be a quick job, but I’m enjoying the challenge.
PLEASE RETURN ALL NET BAGS PLEASE. WE RE-USE THEM.

This is a list of the veg in the bag this week, although, substitutions may occur due to availability.
Potato, Onion, Carrot, Savoy, Leek, Celeriac and Parsley
The Large bag will also include:
Fennel, Courgette and Broccoli

Featured Recipe
Easy Roasted Carrot Houmous

Heat your oven to 200oC/ 400oF / Gas Mark 6. Wash 500g carrots and pat them dry. Tip them into a baking tray with 2 cloves of garlic (no need to peel the cloves). Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the veg and shake the tray to coat everything in oil.
Cook for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are cooked through. Take the tray out of the oven and leave to cool.
Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and into a blender along with (the drained contents of) a tin of chickpeas. Add 3 tablespoons of orange juice and a teaspoon of cumin, the carrots and season to taste.
Blend until you get a houmous consistency.
Serve with finger foods for dipping.

 

Fruit and Vegetables


Organic Vegetables
£11.50 per standard bag

£14.50 per Large bag
Organic Fruit
£4.00 per Small Bag

 

£7.00 per Large Bag
Organic Pasteurised Milk ( full cream/semi skimmed)
£1.20per  litre
Organic Single cream ( 250ml/500ml)
£1.20/£1.60
Organic Double cream ( 250ml/500ml)
£1.30/£1.70

Eggs


Organic Free Range Eggs
£1.80 per Half Dozen Box

 




All deliveries are now subject to an additional delivery charge on sliding scale from £2 to £9
Delivery price will be calculated on enquiry.

For more information or to place an order please contact us on 07931 738767 or e-mail us or alternatively you can check out our website at  www.thewholeshebag.com or e-mail  thewholeshebag@aol.com
South Cobbinshaw, West Calder, West Lothian, EH55 8LQ
                                 Sort Code 83-18-24  Account no. 00236654 for online payment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home